NRA has resources, programs and training to assist youth organizations, such as Boy Scout troops, Royal Ranger outposts, American Legion posts, JROTC units, 4-H clubs, FFA chapters, commercial summer camps and U.S. Jaycee chapters.
If your organization or club offers gun safety or shooting sports programs, NRA can help!
- NRA has gun safety materials, handbooks, videos, posters and other training aids to assist program leaders in teaching the safe gun handling and marksmanship fundamentals. For more information see the Youth Programs Resources and Information page or visit the NRA Program Materials Center.
- NRA has a variety of programs that your organization can either participate in or conduct. Programs such as Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification Shooting, NRA Day Shooting Sports Events, Youth Hunter Education Challenge and competitive shooting.
- As the foremost experts on firearm education, NRA offers instructor training for program leaders in rifle, pistol, shotgun, muzzleloading guns, range safety and home firearm safety. This training provides you with the knowledge and tools necessary to teach the NRA's Basic Firearm Education Courses.
- For program leaders involved in developing the skills of young shooters, NRA offers coach training. This training helps leaders take new shooters and develop their skills and marksmanship techniques for various levels of competition.
- The NRA offers a Sanctioned Special Tournament at reduced match fees to assist youth organizations with their junior shooting programs. A club or team that wants to participate must belong to a national youth-serving organization, such as (but not limited to) the 4-H, The American Legion, JROTC, the U.S. Jaycees, Royal Rangers, National High School Rodeo Association, or the Boy Scouts of America. For more information and to obtain an NRA Youth Cooperative Program Confirmation Form, contact the Youth Programs Department at (703) 267-1505.
Your organization or club can become part of NRA's Network of clubs nationwide. NRA Youth Club Affiliation provides you with numerous benefits and services from NRA, such as:
Free Magazine - Your club may choose a subscription to either InSights (NRA's magazine for youth), American Rifleman, American Hunter, or America's 1st Freedom, where expert authors share their knowledge about shooting, hunting, firearms and other firearm-related interests.
NRA Training Programs - Your club can offer its members NRA training programs that teach firearm safety and handling, marksmanship, hunting skills and more.
Commissioned Recruiting Program - Help your club earn money by recruiting NRA members both through your club and at outside venues such as gun shows. Recruiter programs earn commissions of up to $10. Many clubs earn thousands of dollars each year through this no-cost program! NRA provides recruiting material and offers tips and techniques on becoming a successful recruiter.
Liability Insurance - Your club will be eligible to purchase valuable NRA-endorsed insurance coverage for your shooting and hunting activities.
100% Club Benefits - Clubs maintaining a 100% NRA individual membership in any calendar year receive additional benefits (including our unique 100% Plaque).
Outstanding Youth Club Award - Your club can receive awards for outstanding programs and achievements.
Range Development Grant Program - NRA affiliates may qualify for grants to acquire, develop or expand shooting facilities. NRA grants average $4 million dollars each year!
Free Legislative Alerts - Your club will be alerted of legislation likely to affect sportsmen and clubs at the national, state and local levels. Clubs with fax machines and/or computers can receive up-to-the-minute information from NRA-ILA Grassroots.
Free Website Listing Of Club Events - The NRA's website receives thousands of hits each week. Affiliated clubs may list upcoming club events on our National Registry of Club Events.
NRA Sports Magazine - This quarterly will keep you up to date with the latest programs, funding opportunities and events.
For more information and a club affiliation form, contact the NRA Clubs and Associations Department at (800) NRA-CLUB.